Tuesday, December 2, 2008

December Already!

I don't know why it is so hard for me to post regularly. Could it be that I have 5 children ages 2 - 15? That I homeschool? Am involved at church? Have lots of laundry to do all the time? Could be. Although most of the time I just don't think I have much to say that would be of any interest to anyone. I think that's the main thing that keeps me from posting regularly. Life around here is very normal, day-to-day stuff. Kids wanting to be fed, schoolwork, settling arguments, caring for animals, cleaning, and oh, did I mention the laundry?

I can hardly believe that seven months have passed since I started this blog. It was spring time. Everything was green, our garden was in and I had volunteer black-eyed susans coming up all over the place! Now, most everything is brown, except for a few splashes of orange, red and yellow sprinkled throughout the woods. I love each season and the changes that they bring.

Our garden now is only 3 boxes with cabbage, lettuce, brocolli and strawberries.
Even so, I am already looking forward with anticipation to the warming weather of spring and thinking of what we will plant when the time is right.

Juliana, Jacob and I have been doing a creation study about birds. We have so enjoyed seeing all the migratory birds that have been visiting our feeder each day to partake of the peanut butter suet called marvel meal that we make for them. Our conversations often turn towards a discussion of the greatness of God as we marvel at His wondrous feathered creations. Each one so unique and beautiful. I think it has been one of our favorite studies. (In case you are interested, it is Flying Creatures of the Fifth Day from Apologia curriculum.)

We have all had our first cold now. We can usually count on the first congestion to arrive by Thanksgiving and this year it did not disappoint us. I think the only one who was spared was Jacob. (how DID he mangage that?). That's one of the problems of sickness in large families. By the time it runs through everyone in the household you could have spent a month at home and have a desperate case of cabin fever! Thankfully, we are all better now and looking forward to the celebration of Christ's birth.
May the Lord richly bless all of you with the sweetness of knowing Him this season.

1 comment:

PianoPlayer said...

I love reading your posts! And I'm really looking forward to the cookie exchange at your church tomorrow - Yummy cookies and time with my daughter.
Love, Mom