Monday, June 9, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY June9, 2008...
Outside My Window... I can't see outside my window. I already have the drapes pulled closed. It's HOT out there!
I am thinking... of all the things I would like to accomplish today.
I am thankful for... having been able to take Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University class. I LIKE having a working budget!
From the kitchen... chicken shish-kabobs, rice, garden green beans
I am wearing... pajamas
I am creating... some Ebay auctions, I hope
I am going... to the grocery store, post office, bank, Wal-mart and probably Target
I am reading... about the Charlotte Mason method of schooling
I am hoping... that Juliana feels better. She woke up complaining of a tummy ache.
I am hearing... Jacob's new Nintendo game. (Bwwwiiinngg...boink....doodoodooldledooo...wop...wop...wop...clink....boink....-you get the idea)
Around the house... laundry, dejunking in my bedroom (always the last room to get any attention), pulling out some homeschool things I want to list on Ebay.
One of my favorite things... afternoon thunderstorms, when the house gets real dark, the air smells of rain and it's a perfect time for snugglin' with your kidos....movie anyone?
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: still working on that chicken coop. That has kind of become my dad's and my project since hubby is busy working on the pool deck. Thanks dad!
Here is picture thought I am sharing... I am not even going to do this part this week. Can someone please tell me HOW you get a picture to be somewhere other than right at the top of your post?
I'm so glad to be able to participate with the others in this Notebook entry. You can visit The Simple Woman's blog
HERE!

5 comments:

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

Love your post, Tracee!!!! I love that dark time before the storm, too, just as it gets cooler and windy! Sooooo refreshing!

Call me about the pictures. I'll walk you through it. Do you have a photobucket account?????

Cora

Renna said...

My pictures always appear at the top of the post I'm drafting at first. I go ahead and type my post, then I determine where I want my picture situated, then I click onto the picture and while holding down the left button of my mouse, I drag it down to where I want it, then I release the button.

Oh, and I enjoyed your post! ;-)

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

I get my pictures where I want them like Renna said, except I click copy and then paste them where I want them. Then I go back up and delete the one at top. Then preview it and make sure it's like I wanted.

What book are you reading about Charlotte Mason....my very favorite way of educating! Those are the books I re-read every summer just to keep me on track!

Oh and I love your description of your favorite thing....I love the dark, smell of rain, snuggling with the kids, and a movie! That's a perfect moment in time!

~ Tammy

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

My all time favorite Charlotte Mason book is by Karen Andreola called A Charlotte Mason Companion (Personal Reflections on The Gentle Art of Learning). Following closely behind are two books by Catherine Levison, "A Charlotte Mason Education..A How-To-Manual and then More Charlotte Mason Education..A Home Schooling How-To Manual.

Then anything by Cindy Rushton is really good because everything she does is based on her methods.

Karen Andreola also has a fictional book, called "A Pocketful of Pinecones". She weaves her methods throughout a fictional story. It's kind of sweet and slow moving...gives tid bits of how to implement Charlotte Mason methods.

I also like stuff by Mary Hood...The Relaxed Homeschooler was her first one, I think. She is along the same lines.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! And hey, I'm still learning about all this blogging stuff too...it just so happens I figured that part out one day! lol!

~ Tammy

Farmhouse Blessings said...

What a nice peek at your day!

I'm reading A Charlotte Mason Companion right now as well. I love her learning style. So fresh and natural.

Love the photos of your children in the sidebar!

Smiles,
Lea