Friday, May 23, 2008

Lots to Say

This will probably be a somewhat long, but hopefully not rambling post as I was sick for about 48 hours and haven't had a chance to share the going ons of the Scott house for several days.
Jakey did pick our first ripe tomato the other day and we have since enjoyed 2 more by the way of BLT's. I did not however get a pic of him picking it though as my camera kept shutting off on me. Grrrr....I think the batteries need to be changed. Now that the first few have ripened so many more are beginning to blush at us. I see homemade salsa in our future!
The results of the gardening survey are in. With 11 people casting their vote, the majority of you said that no, you haven't ever grown a food garden, but would love to. Thanks to all of you who participated.
It has been so nice just walking out to the garden to get lettuce and tomato's for salad or our BLT's. Last night Jacob, my little assistant chef helped me in the kitchen making vegetable stir fry with pork and noodles, sushi and spring rolls. He cut veggies, toasted sesame seeds, fanned the sushi rice as we cooled it, made the spring rolls in the toaster oven and then set the table. I love working with him in the kitchen and he loves being there.
Our project for the Memorial Day weekend will be putting up a beautiful 27' round, top of the line, above ground pool that we just purchased off of craigslist.com yesterday. The owners had only used it 3 months before the husband was transferred. They have moved with it twice and now their back yard isn't big enough for it. The price was fantastic! It even came with a creepy crawly automatic cleaner! I will take and post pictures of the progress. This will be the 3rd used pool we have put up in our 18 years of marriage. We should be getting fairly good at it by now.
It is 8:08 am and Jordan (almost 2) is standing beside me already asking for a popscicle. He says, "pop-hee-hee". When I say,"No, popscicle" he says, "Oh man....". Cracks this mamma up every time. :)
In the midst of our joy and excitement over the Lord providing our family with a wonderful pool, our hearts have also been saddened for the family of Steven Curtis Chapman who lost their youngest adopted daughter on Wednesday night when their teenage son accidentally struck her with their SUV in the driveway. I cannot imagine their grief. Todd and I had the privilege of seeing him in concert the beginning of May and so much of the concert focused on how God had blessed the life of their family through the adoption of their 3 little girls from China. He talked about how their adoption experience is a constant reminder of what God has done for us in making us joint-heirs with Christ because we have been adopted as sons and daughters of the Living God. We will be praying for this family for comfort, especially for the son who was driving.
Lastly, if you have about 8 minutes I want to encourage you to watch the video titled "Absolutely Amazing" over on the right side of my page. See it over there? It was shared with me by a friend and I couldn't help but post it here for you to see. Your heart will be blessed and encouraged by it, I PROMISE!!!
I am so glad that it's Friday and a long holiday weekend is ahead of us. I never got to the berry picking this week but maybe I'll still be able to get some before the season comes to an end.
Have a great weekend everyone!

5 comments:

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Hello Tracee!

Thanks for stopping by to say hello! Pleasure to met ya! What a wonderful life you have and your children are adorable...that's what life is all about...family & friends! Have a wonderful weekend and may we visit each other again!

Hugs,
Maryjane

PianoPlayer said...

Steven Curtis Chapman has blessed me with his music for many years. I can't imagine their grief and am lifting them up in prayer, as are many others.
I'm glad you are feeling better. Moms can't be down for long, can we? Glad you didn't have a man cold.
Mom

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

I have been in prayer for Steven Curtis Chapman and his family. My heart just aches for them!

I also just received a call that a friend of my SIL's grandaughter was struck by a car too. It's even worse because this is the child of her son (that was killed in Iraq one month before she was born.) She's been flown in to an area hospital. Please keep her in your prayers as well. Her name is Kathryn.

Have a great weekend!
Tammy

Paula said...

Tracee- I'm sorry you were sick a few days ago- hope you were feeling better by the weekend! (I'm a little behind on everything... I haven't been on my computer since Thursday!)
I missed your survey, but we've always put out a garden... it's just a way of life for us!
Thanks for sharing the video- it was wonderful!

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Sounds like your garden is doing wonderfully well. so happy for you!

Smiles,
Lea