Monday, May 19, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside My Window . . .the bird feeder is very busy this morning. Chickadees, Tuffted Titmice, and Cardinals are having their breakfast.

I am thankful for... my husband who works so hard.

From the kitchen... some sort of chicken stir fry with fresh veggies from the garden and homemade sushi.

I am wearing... my pajamas.

I am going... hopefully nowhere, oh wait, no, I have to go to the post office.

I am reading... Square Foot Gardening and Let it Rot - A Guide to Composting

I am hoping...to have all of the laundry washed, folded and put away by the end of the day today

I am hearing... Jessie tell her sister Juliana that the song she is singing, she is singing incorrectly and the washing machine draining (3rd load this morning) and the dryer tumbling.

Around the house...as always, there is cleaning, straightening up to be done. Seven people and two dogs live here for goodness sake. Cleaning is a way of life around here!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week. . . go blackberry and blueberry picking, make some freezer jam, list things on Ebay, help hubby and dad build a coop for my chickens.

Here is picture thought I am sharing... it's at the top of this post. Still learning about this blogging/posting stuff and at this time I can't quite figure how to get my dirty, little-hotdog-eating-boy down here.

5 comments:

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

Am I ever laughing!!!!!! I feel I just walked through your day with you! Call me later, and I'll walk you through the picture thingy!

And be sure to visit my blog, sign up for the giveaway drawing, and visit the other drawing mentioned!!!!! It's fun!

Cora

Paula said...

Yummm.. I am an official Jam Tester, so I must taste it before anyone else. Please submit a sample to me immediately. LOL
I love the book title..."let it rot".. sounds like a Heavy Metal song. LOL
And no, I don't listen to that type of music!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Loved your post! You made me feel like I was right there...I could picture it all!

I am also new to blogging and figuring the picture thing out stumped me too....my son had a friend over the other night that saw me working on it and came over in 2 seconds and showed me what to do! Hopefully Cora will talk you through it!

By the way, I love the picture of your little one eating the hotdog...very in the moment!

Somewhere I gathered that you all might be a homeschooling family? So are we. I invite you to visit my blog sometime too!

Have a great week!
Tammy

Times of old creations said...

Welcome to the blogging world! I love your blog and your clip is very inspirational! Great posts and I wish you luck with your new adventure. It will get easier as time goes on! HUGS...Deb

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Dirty maybe, but cute as a button! I just love how you girls are journaling your day. I hope to get organized enough to give that a try on my blog as well. It is so sweet just read those simply daily things that so many of us share, isn't it?

Wishing you joy,
Lea